Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011

This week was like service week for us; food bank, mowing yards, removing sod, setting up a graduation party and painting poles. Which is awesome cause I had been praying that we would have many opportunities to serve, and well God definitely blessed us with that. And you know I learned a lot from it this week. I was reading in preach my gospel, under ways to find people, and it said to just always pray for unplanned service in order to find people to teach. And so that's what I did and that is what God blessed us with; but what I learned was this; when we serve we need to serve with pure motives. And what I mean by that, is that because PMG had told me that this was a way to find new people to teach that is why I decided to do it. And after each act of service I would find myself tired and sad at the end of the day when I realized that we didn't really teach that many people. And it hit me at the end of the week when I asked myself, why did we do service this week? And my 100% motive was to find people to teach, (and granted it was to help people out as well, because I really do just love helping people out as well), but then I asked myself, and, what is my motive behind teaching people? And it just hit me; i had made that goal to see our numbers go up, and not with the intent to really serve people because I love them. And the way we can tell if we love them, is how much we desire them to listen to the message. But the concept I learned is that there really is no number attached to a pure motive. The goal and concept behind PMG is flawless, but my own flaws for thinking that finding people to teach is a number is completely flawed. Amazingly our numbers for finding were awesome this week, although none of them came from the service that we rendered. Truly this is God's work and he did want us to find more of his children this week. One of the guys we found this week is name Tomas. I think he has really been prepared. Lauro our team teacher just bore the powerfullest testimony ever about the book of mormon, and then my companion bore his, and then I invited him to be baptized and he accepted it. That was our first day ever seeing him; and so I definitely know that God is preparing his children here for me to find, and I know that as my motives stay true and pure that I will find these people and invite them to come unto Christ. I love yall so much and have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment