Monday, December 5, 2011

Nov. 28, 2011

Thanks for all the emails. Alena you are about 0 for two in the last two weeks. But I heard that you got called to be laurel's president. Which is crazy, because I was thinking this morning, about being the president of the different quoroms that I've been in and how I didn't ever really understand the position and the responsibility that I had. I could've easily helped Jake Huston and Steve Ott and all the others; but I didn't understand why that was important. But sis I know you can reach people in that group of laurels that noone else can reach. You've been called by revelation, and like dad always says; even if you're on the right track you will get ran over if you just sit there. Don't just "sit there" and let it be a title; rather let it be a chance to see your potential, to serve and to be an example in both words and deeds. I love you sis and do work in your calling. Alisa and Angela I would love an email from yall as well. But I was thinking, and hopefully this wasn't a trunky thought, but I do really want to hit the ground running when I get back. I don't know if there is any way that I could fill out an application for UVU o algo? But man what a week! so many miracles and I still am just being humbled and amazed by the hand of God and the blessings he has been pouring out on us. I don't even know why. But I am beyond grateful for them and to be a part of it. So last Sunday, I think I may have told you about Sis. Robbins a Non-mem. who came to church w/ her Boyfriend ( My main black-man Bro. Barnes). Well at the end of church she said she would like to meet with us. We had an awesome first lesson with her in which she had asked Bro. Barnes not to come becasue she wanted to do this for herself. Well the lesson was awesome, and she agreed to read and pray. The next lesson, we finished the restoration with her and invited to her to be baptized in three weeks on the 17th of Dec. She said it was way too soon and she needed more time. We asked her what she needed to know in order to be baptized; that it is true and that this is where God needs me. Will you pray tonighight to knoww if you should be baptized on the 17th? I will. We will call you at 11:00 tomorrow to see how your prayer went. We called her. She told us that she had recieved an answer and that she was going to be baptized on the 17th! At 8:00 that night we got another call from her and she had told us how she was reading the BOM and came to a picture of Joseph Smith. She stared at it for a couple seconds, and the spirit overwhelmed her, she then noted, " I know he is a prophet of God" She came to church and apparently told the sisters in the relief society she was going to be baptized. So ya definite miracle. And then also last night we got a call from Bro. Barnes. He and Sis. Robbins had been talking to a guy, who lives in the same complex, about why bad things happen to good people, They bore there testimonies to him and then called us on the phone put it on speaker and had us explain the importance of agency. We have a lesson with that guy tonight! so I love it. And there's just so many more things that are happening that are just miracles, and now I just got to write them all down in my journal so that I can remember them forever. I love yall and thank yall for the e-mails and everything yall do for me. Have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment