Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sept. 12, 2011

So this week was good. I had a woman hold on to my hand for an hour. no lie ni tampoco an exaggeration, for ONE HOUR telling me that what I was doing was wrong and I should go back to my baptist roots. She must of been full of the spirit to know that I had baptist roots. In fact she must of known something that apparently I did not know, because I am  pretty sure that my roots are not baptist. It was pretty awkard, and my hand was pretty sweaty, and I just wanted to sit down, which she invited me to do by the way because she told me she was not going to let go of my hand for a while. I think she was possessed. I am now a little hesitant to shake peoples hands as I leave their houses. We also had the opportunity to go through a catholic church on a church tour. A guy told us that his daughter could not enter into our church unless we entered into his church first. In which we replide, ok well if you give us a church tour of your church you will need to come on a church tour with us. He hesitantly agreed. And when the day arrived we were there waiting for his tour in which he did not show. And of course did not answer his phone. And so we drove by his house and knocked 3 times and rang the door bell twice and as we were writing a note to him he finally came out and said that he was ready to go. He had a book in his hand which is a special catholic book about how to answer questions from other religions, and I noticed the chapter on Mormons was marked, haha its crazy. But he took us through his church and explained what they did. It turns out that he is the assistant father or minister for the church, but it was actually pretty cool. Granted he did not take his daughter with him to do our church tour, but we took him on a tour either way. And it was way good. Had he not been a minister he would have said yes to coming to church on Sunday. We also invited him to be baptized and he said he would think about it. But it was pretty good. But man it is crazy how someone can a witness of the Spirit and still deny it! Agency it is such a beautiful thing. But i received revelation earlier this week, as we were pondering just why people don't read the Book of Mormon. LIke what stops them? And so we just started talking about it. And so this is what we realized... They actually literally have fear of reading the book of Mormon, and so they choose not too...they have too much pride, they think they know enough and refuse to read it, or they are just too lazy, the intentions are their, but the works and action are not. So we have FEAR, PRIDE, LAZINESS. And so then we were like well what are the opposites of those things.. Fear-FAITH, Pride-HUMILITY, Laziness-WORKS. What things does a person need to enter into the kingdom of God? FAITH in Jesus Christ demonstrated by their WORKS, and the HUMILITY to admit that we can't do it on our own. The Book of Mormon is the perfect test to see if we have the desire to enter into the Kingdom of God. Oh i love it. And its perfectly as just for those that were born into the covenant; because it is our humility and faith and works that accept the atonement of Jesus Christ. I LOVE IT. But this week had been good and next week is going to be even better. I thank yall for your prayers. And I love yall, and have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment