Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 24, 2010

August 25, 2010

Dear Familia,

So there was quite a few good things that happened this week. We got a new elder and we had a visit from a 70, and we have a guy named Leonardo Davila on date to be baptized on Sept. 25th. The visit with the 70 happened on Monday of this week so that’s why I’m writing on Tuesday. It was so awesome. He mentioned that he believed that the thing that made the missionaries the weakest was their prayers and then he read all these scriptures about prophets and missionaries wrestling, laboring, struggling with all their heart in mighty prayer and such. I think that probably goes for every person in the church excluding the prophet, apostles, and Mom & Pops. He talked about how the Spirit should direct our prayers. In fact I think he used the scripture D7C 100:5-8 and said that as we pray by the Spirit that God should give us the words to pray. Then he read 3 Nephi 19:24 about how the people were given the words that they should pray. It was really interesting and it is something I never really thought about before. We also need to pray for specifics in order to get specific blessings. It was an awesome talk. I actually can’t finish this letter because I have to go, but I love y’all so much.

Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment