Monday, November 8, 2010

Nov. 8, 2010

Yep I got everything mom. Thank you so much. This week was good; a lot of what we did was help the Bishop and try to do everything he asked us to do. Crazy thing happened again this week as we had this bomb older couple who we were going to invite to be baptized, dropped us. Another incident where he came outside w/ the Book of Mormon in his hand and told us he was basically not interested anymore. And so I bore my testimony to him, and I told them that even if we didn't come over again I wanted him to continue reading in the Book of Mormon and pray about it. And so he took his book back and that was that. I am not gonna lie that was a pretty hard blow, but at least he agreed to keep the Book of Mormon. But don't worry grandma, I am not mad or depressed, I just want to share the Gospel so bad and I want these people to know just how important this gospel is. And if anything, my faith has increased. You know I read this talk and it said something to this affect about faith. When Mishac, Shadrac, and Abednego stood before the king he told them that if they did not deny their God that he would throw them into the furnace. They then responded that they would not deny their God but knew that their God had the power to deliver them from the flames; and that he would deliver them from the flames. A lot of us may read this part and say wow now that is a lot of faith, but this comment that they had made was not the faith part; but what they said next. And even if he does not deliver us from the flames we know that he is the one true God, and he had the power to do so. A lot of us may look at challenges and say I have faith that God will deliver me from these challenges, but when they don't go away we feel like we have lost faith or maybe we don't have enough faith or else God would have removed these trials from us. The Book of Mormon says something similar when it says that we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith. I mean sure I have seen my share of trials these last couple weeks, but I know that God will provide a way for these trials to be overcome, and if he does not I still have faith in Him that He will help me learn from them, and that he has the power to remove them, but he knows the bigger picture. I love this work with all my heart and I know that it is truly God's work. If something isn't going a hundred percent all the time, well maybe God is giving me an opportunity to make my weaknesses become strong and to exercise my faith a little more. Besides it does no good to complain about things, it will only make those things stick in your head, and become who you are. But I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God, and I have been called of Him to declare his word among his people. In the midst of these trials there has been so many good things that have happened, and are still yet to happen. If yall could pray that we might be able to teach Alex Pruneda's family and also Charity Butler's family that would be so awesome. Tell cha chi that I am going to write him, in fact i did write him but i lost the letter so I will wirte him agian. I love yall so much have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. He is on FIRE! Glad to read all his updates and partake of his amazing missionary spirit.

    ReplyDelete